Evaluating your priorities
We will thoroughly discuss your needs and wants before we focus your housing search. Here are some things you can do to prepare for our conversation:
- Describe the style of house you like: two-story, contemporary, ranch, etc.
- List your priorities in home features, such as a two- or three-car garage, gourmet kitchen, a family room or a formal dining room.
- Think about your lifestyle. If you don't like yard work, ask me to show you condominiums, townhouses or garden homes with smaller yards.
- A neighborhood and area that caters to your needs is an important factor when choosing a home. Consider the identity of the neighborhood. The overall impression given by an area is key to its value.
- Drive through and around the neighborhoods you're considering. Remember that home value is enhanced by other well-maintained properties. Conversely, be cautious of areas with unkempt yards and homes, and businesses mixed in with residences-unless a home/office combination is a priority.
- Ask us about the property tax assessment in the area, including any special assessments or any pending bond issues.
- Get an idea of who lives in the neighborhood by talking with people who live there.
- Pay attention to neighborhood zoning. Many residential communities are zoned to keep out commercial and industrial users. Ask about other regulations in the neighborhood, such as on-street parking. Find out if the area is governed by any covenants.
- List which community services are important to you. Do you need to be close to shopping, a school or a mass transit stop?
- Decide which imperfections you can live with, and which repairs you may be able to make yourself. You may also be able to finance some repairs in your mortgage.
CA DRE License
Alain Pinel Realtors
12772 Saratoga Sunnyvale Rd, Saratoga, CA 95032