Ready to view?
To sell your home at its maximum price, you must make it as appealing as possible to the buyers you want to impress.
The following are just a few of the many ideas we will review with you as your agent. We will look at your home through a buyer's eyes; you will learn to assess your own home as if you had never seen it before, and together we will increase the perceived value of your home.
These large projects may cost you a bit of money, but some may be well worth the expense. We will help you decide which of these improvements will add value to your home, and which are not necessary.
- Painting—exterior and/or interior.
- Improving lawn and landscaping.
- Cleaning and repairing windows and screens.
- Cleaning and/or replacing carpets.
- Touching up or refinishing cabinets.
- Storing or disposing of furniture in order to make rooms appear larger.
- Cleaning drapes.
- Cleaning and repairing all appliances.
These smaller tasks won’t require much if any expense other than your time, but attention to these details will certainly help improve the value of your home.
Throughout your home:
- Remove all unnecessary objects from furniture.
- Keep decorative objects to a minimum.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs.
- Put away children's toys.
- Keep pets under control at all times.
- Leave on key lights during the day. During showings, turn on all lights and lamps.
- Have your stereo on during the day playing some soft music for all showings.
- Set your dining table for guests.
- Place fresh logs/pinecones in fireplace.
- Place fresh flowers in living room and master bedroom.
- Fill paper towel, toilet paper and tissue holders.
In your kitchen:
- Clear all unnecessary objects from countertops.
- Empty cabinets of clutter to make them look more spacious.
- Clear the refrigerator doors of messages, pictures, etc.
- Clean the oven, wax the floor, make sure the sink is clean, replace counter tile or grout if necessary.
In your bathrooms:
- Remove any unnecessary items from countertops, tubs, and shower stalls (keep necessary items in one small group on the counter).
- Check the caulking, tile, and grout around tubs and showers.
- Replace or clean shower curtain.
- Fix leaking faucets.
- Coordinating towels are a nice touch.
In your bedrooms:
- Check your closets: be sure lights work and clothes are neatly hung.
- Store shoes or other loose items in boxes, neatly arranged on shelves.
Outside your home
- Replace door mats.
- Tour the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc. into the garbage.
- Check gutter and/or roof for dry rot. Make sure gutters are free of debris.
- Inspect all plants, prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows. Remove any dead plants or shrubs.
- Weed all planting areas. Keep your lawn freshly cut and fertilized.
We will make sure your home looks its best! Attending to all the details that make potential buyers feel welcomed and pleased to be in your home will significantly enhance your ability to generate full-price offers in a short amount of time.
CA DRE License
Alain Pinel Realtors
12772 Saratoga Sunnyvale Rd, Saratoga, CA 95032